Application Process for Programs of Choice for 2021-2022 – Spaces have been filled for Kindergarten at Coghlan starting in September 2022. You are welcome to submit a wait list application, if a space becomes available for your child our Principal will give you a call.
What are Programs of Choice?
Langley School District offers a rich diversity of programs that are designed to meet the specific needs and interests of students. Programs of Choice fall into three main categories: District Programs, School-based Programs, and programs offered through the Career Education Department. Students and parents interested in additional choice options should ask at the office of their neighbourhood school. Many individual courses that may be of interest are not listed here.
When a student enrols in a District Program all or certainly most of their courses and instruction is delivered within the context of the program. District Programs must deliver the BC School Curriculum, but they usually adapt the way that curriculum is delivered to suit the emphasis of the program. District Programs of Choice accept applications for registration from anywhere in the district, and do not give preference to neighbourhood students. District Programs in Langley include: Fine Arts Programs, Fundamental Programs, French Immersion Programs, the Langley Montessori Program and U-Connect Distance Learning.
Welcome to the Online
Application Programs of Choice
Langley Schools are proud to offer several Programs of Choice located in various sites throughout the District. Entry into these programs is by application only. These programs include:
- Early French Immersion (Kindergarten entry – Belmont, James Kennedy)
- Late French Immersion (Grade 6 entry – Alex Hope and Noel Booth)
- Fine Arts (Kindergarten entry – Langley Fine Arts School)
- Fundamental (Kindergarten entry – Coghlan Fundamental, Langley Fundamental)
- Montessori (Kindergarten entry – Uplands)
- U-Connect (Kindergarten entry – Simonds)
- Langley Environmental Awareness Program (Kindergarten entry to Grade 4 – Fort Langley)
- *Please note the L.E.A.P. Program requires an additional step to the application process. Click HERE for more information with regards to K-4 applications).
Registration for the 2023-2024 Choice Programs will open on Monday, October 3rd 2022 at 12 noon. The lottery will take place at the beginning of November. On November 14, 2022, all families will receive an email indicating if their child has been accepted into a program of choice. Families will have 7 days to electronically accept or decline an offered seat. After that time, any unclaimed seats will be offered to waitlisted applicants.
Please note registration for some programs such as Montessori at Uplands and U-Connect are open until filled. Registration for the 2023-2024 school year will take place in Fall 2023.
Should you require assistance please contact the School Board Office at 604-534-7891.